Our group is interested in:
- developing synthetic methodologies, strategies and their applications in natural product total synthesis;
- devising novel multicomponent reactions (MCRs) and metal-catalyzed domino processes for the rapid construction of medicinally relevant heterocycles and macrocycles;
- searching for new catalytic enantioselective transformations, particularly enantioselective MCRs;
- Designing and synthesizing small molecules with specific biological activities.
October 2018 : Welcome to Dina & Rémi, our new PhD students ! Best of luck with your new projects !
September 2018 : Congratulations to Xu, Takayuki and Tu for their recent publication in Nature Communications “Copper-catalyzed methylative difunctionalization of alkenes” !!
September 2018 : Zhaodong’s paper entitled “Copper-Catalyzed Remote C(sp3)-H Arylation of Carboxamides and Sulfonamides” was accepted in Angew Chem. Congratulations!
September 2018 : Zhengren’s review entitled: “Metamorphosis of Cycloalkenes for the Divergent Total Synthesis of Polycyclic Indole Alkaloids” was accepted in Chem. Soc. Rev. Congratulations!
August 2018 : GoodBye to Angel, who stayed one year with us as a PhD Exchange ; he will now return to Mexico to complete his PhD. Good luck !
July 2018 : Welcome to Prof. Zhang Fengzhi, new visiting professor in our group ! Enjoy your stay in Switzerland.
July 2018 : Welcome to Nicoleta, our new summer intern !
July 2018 : Jieping’s and Wangqing’s minireview on the “Construction of Quaternary Stereocenters by Palladium-Catalyzed Carbopalladation-Initiated Cascade Reactions” is now online on Angewandte.
June 2018 : Shuo’s paper entitled “Chiral phosphoric acid-catalyzed enantioselective three-component Mannich reaction of acyclic ketones, aldehydes and anilines” was accepted in Tetrahedron. It will be published in a special issue dedicated to the memory of Prof. Sir. Derek H. Barton. Congratulations !
June 2018 : Omar’s paper entitled “Total Synthesis of (+)-Hinckdentine A” was highlighted in Synfacts. Congratulations!
May 2018 : Welcome to Junpei, our new PhD exchange student coming straight from Japan ! Best of luck with your total synthesis !
May 2018 : Qian’s and Jieping’s review on enantioselective MCRs was just published in Accounts of Chemical Research.
April 2018 : Omar’s total synthesis of (+)-Hinckdentine A was just published in Angewandte. Congratulations !
April 2018 : Congratulations to Cyril, who successfully defended his PhD thesis in front of jury professors N. Cramer, J. Waser, E. M. Carreira and A. Furstner ! He will now join the Jacobsen Lab for his postdoctoral research. We all wish you the best of luck and every success for your future research !
March 2018 : Welcome to Rémi, our new master student !
February 2018 : Warmest welcome to our three new interns : Clémence, Léa and Cédric.
January 2018 : Hua’s paper on Copper-Catalyzed Enantioselective Arylative Desymmetrization of Prochiral Cyclopentenes with Diaryliodonium Salts was accepeted in Angewandte. Congratulations !
- Wang, Z. H.; Bois-Choussy, M.; Jia, Y.-X.; Zhu, J. “Total Synthesis of Complestatin (Chloropeptin II)”, Angew. Chem. 2010, 122, 2062-2066. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 2018-2022.
- Liu, H.; Dagousset, G.; Masson, G.; Retailleau, P.; Zhu, J. “Chiral Brønsted Acid-Catalyzed Enantioselective Three-Component Povarov Reaction”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 4598-4599.
- Gerfaud, T. Neuville, L.; Zhu, J. “Palladium-Catalyzed Annulation Reaction of Acyloximes with Arynes (or Alkynes): Synthesis of Functionalized Phenanthridines”, Angew. Chem. 2009, 121, 580-585. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 572-577.
- Abermil, N.; Masson, G.; Zhu, J. “Highly Enantioselective Aza Morita-Baylis-Hillman Reaction Catalyzed by Bifunctional β-Isocupreidine Derivatives”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 12596-12597.
- Wu, Y.-C.; Liron, M.; Zhu, J. “Asymmetric Total Synthesis of (-)-Quinocarcin”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 7148-7152.
- Wang, S. X.; Wang, M.-X.; Wang, D.-X.; Zhu, J. “Catalytic Enantioselective Passerini Three-component Reaction”, Angew. Chem. 2008, 120, 394-397. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 388-391.
- Ngouansavanh, T.; Zhu, J. “IBX-Mediated Oxidative Ugi-type Reaction: Application to the N- and C1-functionalization of Tetrahydroisoquinoline”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 5775-5778. Angew. Chem. 2007, 119, 5877-5880.
- Chen, X. C.; Zhu, J. “Total Synthesis of the Marine Natural Product (-)-Cribrostatin 4 (Renieramycin H)”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 3962-3965. Angew. Chem. 2007, 119, 4036-4039.
- Pinto, A.; Neuville, L.; Zhu, J. “Palladium-Catalyzed Three-component Synthesis of 3-(Diarylmethylenyl)oxindole through a Domino Sonagashira/Carbopalladation/C-H Activation/C-C bond Forming Sequence”, Angew. Chem. 2007, 119, 3355-3359. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 3291-3295.
- Bonne, D.; Dekhane, M.; Zhu, J. “Modulating the reactivity of alpha-isocyanoacetate: Multicomponent Synthesis of 5-Methoxyoxazole and Furopyrrolone”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 119, 2537-2540. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 2485-2488.